Best colleges for pharmaceutical sciences
Pharmaceutical sciences is a strong field that aims to understand how to enhance the delivery of drugs to the body and transcribe this integrated perception into new and improved therapies by understanding the fundamental concepts of physical and organic chemistry, engineering, biochemistry and biology. The students majoring in pharmaceutical sciences apply for chemistry biology and related sciences. If you are fascinated in pharmaceutical sciences and looking for a profession as pharmacist , acquiring a degree in your desired program word be a coherent way to get finest education and reach your educational goals sooner rather than later.
Once you graduate high school all you can think of is getting into a top-ranked college or University. If you want to enroll yourself in your dream pharmaceutical school then keep an eye on our given catalogue because we provide the list of all the Best colleges for Pharmaceutical Science you can apply for. The bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degrees are offered in Pharmaceutical Science programs.
The following colleges mentioned below are dedicated to assemble a mass of brilliant, able and ambitious professionals in the department of pharmacy. This list will help determined and hard-working students to meet their goals and reach their profession as pharmacists.
University of Southern California:
The Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science course involve immense focus on the development, analysis and production of medicine. It also provides extensive and applied research in issues like drug delivery and directing, utilization of medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, immunology, molecular and cell biology. The Master’s and PhD degree program of University of Southern California are highly in demand due to it high-quality education and research. The graduates of USC are extremely sought after by leading organizations in industries, government and academic community.
Facts and Figures about USC:
University of Southern California was founded in 1880.
The University of Southern California has the first ranking.
About 50,210 USD is approximately required for tuition in USC.
To reach finance and admission office contact information is given below
Contact number 🙁 323)442-1369
James David Adams
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1362
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: (323)442-1418
Julio A. Camarero
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1417
- Contact 🙁 323)865-1677
Roger F. Duncan
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1449
Sarah F. Hamm-Alvarez
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1445
Ian S. Haworth
- Contact 🙁 323)442-3310
J Andrew Mackay
- Contact 🙁 323)442-4118
Curtis T. Oakamoto
- Contact 🙁 323)442-3939
Rebecca Miranda Romero
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1439
- Contact 🙁 323)442-1902
Jean C. Shih
- Contact 🙁 343)442-1441
Bangyan L. Stiles
- Contact 🙁 343)442-2184
Angel P. Tabancay Jr
- Contact 🙁 343)442-1734
Clay C. C. Wang
- Contact 🙁 343)442-1670
- Contact 🙁 343)442-2341
Yong (Tiger) Zhang
- Contact 🙁 343)442-1405
CUNY York College:
The Bachelors of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences is a program that concentrates on the identification, discovery, isolation, synthesis and formulation of biology active compounds for clinical use. It provides the students proficiency and expertise to work in thriving New York and tri-state based pharmaceuticals, Cosmetic and chemical industries. The aim of York’s College’s Master of Pharmaceutical Science and Business program is to prepare students for soaring positions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Candidates that desire to pursue B.S. Pharmaceutical Science must meet the following conditions.
The General Education Requirements for a Chemistry Major.
Complete three obligatory Pharmaceutical Science course,
A three credit Chemistry course is essential.
Elective pharmaceutical science course is also necessary.
Facts and Figures about CUNY York College
- The CUNY York College was found in 1966.
- It’s has been ranked 2nd.
- The tuition fees in York College is about 6,748 USD in-state and 13,858 USD out-of-state.
To reach Finance and Admission Office contact: 718-262-2000
The objective of Master of Pharmaceutical Science and Business Program at York College is to educate student for executive position in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. There are various opportunities for students once they successfully complete the program. The opportunities includes working with Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies, professional societies, government and international agencies. It’s a two year graduate program. There are 36 credits in total towards the degree out of which 24 are from the common Core Courses and 12 are from the optional Elective Courses which are to be completed by the students. Full-time students will be expected to take 9 credits per semester.
The elective courses should be selected on the basis of their career goals, such as:
Pharmaceutical Research and Development:
Pharmaceutical research and development is for those individuals who would most likely follow or intensify a profession in the region of drug discovery, bio therapeutics, pharmaceutics, product formulation, manufacturing process development, the design of clinical trials, etc.
Regulation of Pharmaceuticals:
Regulation of Pharmaceuticals is for those individual who have desire to work in the field of US or international regulatory writing and submission of regulatory applications, compliance, quality assurance, process validation, product labeling, quality control and design of clinical trials connected to the regulation of pharmaceuticals.
Pharmaceutical management for individuals who would like to make a profession in pharmaceutical product management, project management, supply chain management, marketing, etc.
|PHS501||Pharmaceutical Discovery and Development||3|
|PHS502||Pharmaceutical Discovery and Development Techniques||3|
Students with a minimum of 1 year laboratory experience in the industry may have their laboratory courses replaced with other elective courses.
|PHS505||Foundation of Regulatory Affairs||3|
|PHS506||Pharmaceutical Ethics and Intellectual Property Management||3|
|PHS507||Pharmaceutical Industry and Business||3|
|PHS508||Pharmaceutical Science and Business Capstone Project||3|
Elective courses are of 3 credit each; total requirement is of 4 courses (12 credits) to be chosen from the following.
|PHS511||Special Topics in Pharmaceutical Discovery and Development||3|
|PHS512||Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, Process Validation and Controls||3|
|PHS513||Design of Clinical Trials||3|
|PHS515||International Regulatory Affairs||3|
|PHS516||Pharmaceutical Product Labelling||3|
|PHS517||Writing and Submission of Regulatory Applications||3|
|PHS518||Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management||3|
|PHS520||Pharmaceutical Product Management||3|
|PHS521||Pharmaceutical Project Management||3|
- Before applying the applicants should have already accomplished the following courses.
These are the required courses that should be completed before hand.
- General Chemistry I and II
- Biology I and II
- Organic Chemistry I
- University Physics I
- Calculus I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Physical Chemistry I (thermodynamics)
- Basic Pharmacology
Applicants that took the required course 10 or more years precedent to the application date as well as the applicants that received their bachelor 10 years back to the date may be called to take the placement test.
Provisional acceptance perhaps be offered to candidates that do not have preferred courses.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 is essential.
- Application to CUNY requires;
- A personal statement (not more than 1,500 words).
- Three letters of recommendation from referees in academia and/or related professional fields.
- A current resume.
- Official transcript(s) from all universities and colleges attended.
- A nonrefundable $75 application fee payable by check or money order to York College Office of Admissions.
There are additional course requirement for undergraduates science students (Chemistry, Biology, Physics or others) who applied to the M.S. program in Pharmaceutical Science and Business even if you have the GPA criteria and strong recommendation.
Verification of proficiency in English language (TOEFL* and IELTS*) is necessary for all the applicants
- Whose native speech is not English.
- Who were educated in a country where English is not a state language.
The requirement is not on the basis of citizenship or permanent residency of a country, but only on the two stated conditions.
- To successfully complete the M.S program a TOEFL with a minimum score 100 and IELTS with a minimum score of 7 is strongly recommended.
If Educated Outside the USA:
- It is required for applicants who received their bachelor’s degree from a non-US institution to acquire an evaluation form from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
York College Office of Admissions assembles and relay the applications for minimum requirements, initial processing, and GPA calculation. Admissions decisions are made by the Graduate Advisory Committee of the department. At times, applicants may be invited for an on-site interview.
The PURDUE University offers a degree of Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS). It’s a four year degree program that starts with the preparation in mathematics and the basic sciences, chemistry, biology, and physics. This integrative program is then upgraded to an advance provision pharmaceutical sciences, as well as outlook of drug design and synthesis, mechanisms of drug action, pharmacology and toxicology, dosage formulation, manufacturing, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance. This is not an executive degree program and consumption of the BSPS constraints certified graduates to take the state board examination and become a registered pharmacist.
Facts and Figures about PURDUE UNIVERSITY:
- PURDUE College was found in 1869.
- PURDUE College is ranked on number 3rd.
- The estimated tuition fees of PURDUE College is about $12,024.00.
To get in touch with finance and Admission office contact (765) 494-1361.
The PURDUE College of Pharmacy is extraordinary. They give rise to best pharmacy heads who are upgrading lives globally in satisfying, moneymaking healthcare careers.
There’s a vast, international community of leaders and life changers and you become a part of it as soon as you join PURDURE whether you are a prospective student, current student, alumni or faculty. It’s easy to always stick to PURDURE’S proud heritage.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN:
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy has an internationally recognized PharmSci faculty that donates to the field by investigating into the cardinal mechanisms of drug interchange with human body and evolution of advanced synthetic or biologically-derived materials that can regulate the following interchange in chase of preferable and secure treatment and drug products. The department of Pharmacy in the University of Michigan prepares students by supplying diligent core course-work in bio-pharmaceutics, drug transport, pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics, and drug delivery systems.
Facts and Figures about University of MICHIGAN:
- University of Michigan was found in 1817.
- University of Michigan has been ranked 4th.
- Studying in University of Michigan would cost you about 13,856 USD in-state and 43,476 USD out-of-state.
To reach Finance and Admission Office Contact: 1-866-990-0111.
Pharmaceutical Sciences is strong and incorporative field that desires to consolidate principles of physical and organic chemistry, engineering, biochemistry, and biology to recognize the process to improve transportation of drugs and transcribe this integrated understanding into new and improved therapies against human disease. The Internationally recognized PharmSci faculty of University of Michigan College of Pharmacy contribute to the field by scrutinizing into the central mechanisms of drug interactions with the human body and development of advanced synthetic or biologically-derived materials that can attune these interactions in pursuit of finest and guarded therapies and drug products.
University of Michigan supports independent student growth by modifying the constituent curriculum prior to certain student interests in cell and molecular biology, synthetic and macromolecular chemistry, chemical and biomedical engineering, materials science, physiology and pharmacology. Department of Pharmacy in University of Michigan is equipped with a strong, captivating-styled foundation in basic and applied sciences,
Students are well-positioned to become an essential part of our explorations and our discoveries.
University of Wisconsin-Madison:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison offers a PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. A degree of Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences can be earned with accumulation in one of three research essentials:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Action
- Drug Delivery
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Pharmaceutical Sciences Ph.D. program provides a precise circumstance with a range of scientific disciplines that are censorious to the success of modern pharmaceutical scientists in industry, government, and academia.
The B.S. in pharmaceutical sciences is not a major but is a central degree permitted to the on-going doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.), students after they complete their second year of the Pharm.D program.
Pharmaceutical Sciences is strong and incorporative field that desires to consolidate principles of physical and organic chemistry, engineering, biochemistry, and biology to recognize the process to improve transportation of drugs and transcribe this integrated understanding into new and improved therapies against human disease
Facts and Figures about University of Wisconsin-Madison:
- University of Wisconsin-Madison was found in 1848.
- It is ranked 5th position.
- Studying in University of Wisconsin-Madison would cost you about In-state 10,415 USD, Out-of-state 29,665 USD.
To connect with Finance and Admission office contact: (608) 262 – 6234.
A PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences can be obtained with an engrossment in one of the three research cores:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Action
- Drug Delivery.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison’s Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD Program supplies a diligent context with a range of scientific disciplines that are analytic to the success of modern pharmaceutical scientists in industry, government, and academia. The interdisciplinary program contains 30 faculty graduate trainers that unites pharmaceutically applicable outlook of disciplines such as chemistry, biology, and engineering.
- Drug Discovery involves on areas connected to medicinal chemistry, such as small molecule development, natural products isolation and characterization, organic synthesis, chemical biology, and rational drug design.
- Drug Action concentrates on areas related to pharmacology, toxicology, cellular differentiation, development, and disease. It involves the impact of drugs and toxins on biological systems, mechanisms of normal biology, and mechanisms of disease. These impacts are studied at the cellular, genetic, molecular, and biochemical levels using diverse model systems.
- Drug Delivery highlights principles in physical chemistry and drug transport, aiming for advances in formulation, drug targeting, and multi-modal therapy. Delivering analysis includes the solid state chemistry of drugs, nano-pharmacy, biocompatibility, molecular recognition, computational chemistry, pharmacokinetics, and molecular imaging.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences:
The Bachelor’s program in Pharmaceutical Sciences has been created to include both the syllabus and firsthand laboratory experiences required to succeed in this vigorous field. The result is a degree that serves as a springboard to master’s or Ph.D.-level programs, medical school, or entrance positions in the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
The Master’s program in Pharmaceutical Sciences of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences are offered on both the Albany and Vermont Campuses. Students are intrigued in further preparing themselves for this field may want to explore our B.S./M.S. ,its dual degree program which allows you to obtain a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences in just five years.
Facts and Figures about Albany College:
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences was found in 1881.
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has the 6th ranking.
- Studying in Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences will cost you about 31,081 USD
To reach finance and admission office contact: (518) 694-7200
University of North Carolina:
The University of North Carolina offers you a Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences. It provides a conscientious grounding in a wide range of disciplines that are critical to your success as a pharmaceutical scientist in academia and industry.
There are requirements for students for admission to the PhD in pharmaceutical sciences program at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy:
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree (based on a four-year curriculum) or its international corresponding with an recognized institution
- Standard collegiate curriculum in pharmacy, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, zoology, or an allied field.
Facts and Figures about University of North Carolina:
- University of North Carolina was found in 1789.
- University of North Carolina has the 7th ranking.
- Studying in University of North Carolina will cost you In-state 8,591 USD and Out-of-state 33,673 USD
To reach Finance and Admission Office Contact: +1 919-962-2211
University of Colorado – Denver:
The goal of the graduate program of University of Colorado – Denver is to offer research training for students interested in pursuing careers in drug and biopharmaceutical discovery, development, and/or clinical expansion. Illustrative research areas can be found online. The program focuses on the formulation, synthesis, manufacture, development, stability, biophysical analysis, characterization, delivery, and bio distribution of small molecules and biopharmaceutical agents. Doctoral education in Pharmaceutical Sciences is concentrated on deciphering problems emerging in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
Facts and Figures about University of Colorado – Denver:
- University of Colorado – Denver was found in 1912.
- University of Colorado – Denver has the 8th ranking.
- Studying in University of Colorado – Denver will cost you In-state 8,692 USD and Out-of-state 23,704 USD.
To reach finance and admission department contact: (303) 724-2882
Doctoral education in Pharmaceutical Sciences is concentrated in solving problems appearing in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
- The program emphasizes on the formulation, synthesis, manufacture, development, stability, biophysical analysis, characterization, delivery, and biodistribution of small molecules and biopharmaceutical agents.
- The goals of the graduate program are to supply research training for students interested in pursuing careers in drug and biopharmaceutical discovery, development, and/or clinical optimization. Representative research areas can be found online.
- In addition, the program has a well-defined emphasis area in pharmaceutical outcomes research (POR). View information on POR.
Oregon State University:
The College of Pharmacy at Oregon State University aims to edify and train the next generation of leaders and pioneers in pharmaceutical sciences research; to provide a well-built education in foundational sciences for students in the doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) program.
It is a research-oriented graduate study program in pharmacy that is individually outlined to meet each student’s career interests and goals. Potential students may apply to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree in the College of Pharmacy surrounding the disciplines of pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry/natural products, or pharmacology.
Facts and Figures about Oregon State University:
- Oregon State University was found in 1869.
- Oregon State University has the 9th ranking.
- Studying in Oregon State University will cost you In-state 10,107 USD and Out-of-state 28,767 USD
To reach finance and admission department
The mission of Oregon State University is to provide a strong education in foundational sciences for students in the doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) program; to uncover and evolve devices and strategies for elimination, detection, and cure of human disease; and to use our collaborative expertise to promote and educate the public to encourage health and better understanding of pharmaceutical agents.
Nova Southeastern University:
Nova Southeastern University is offering a two year graduate program in M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Earning a degree of M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences will also compose students for further study in a doctoral program, medicine or a related discipline. The degree places great emphasis on
1) Molecular Medicine and Pharmacogenomics centering on drug discovery principles
2) Drug Development (Pharmaceutics) concentrating on drug delivery to the desired target
3) Social and Administrative Pharmacy perturbed with the interface between pharmacy and society (concerned with pharmacy outcomes)
Facts and Figures about Nova Southeastern University:
- Nova Southeastern University was found in 1964.
- Nova Southeastern University has the 10th ranking.
- Studying in Nova Southeastern University will cost you approximately 27,660 USD.
To reach finance and admission department Contact: 800-541-6682.
- MISSION: Nova Southeastern University has an objective to improve global health by training and evolving professionals and analyzers who, through their supervision and entrepreneurism will modify the profession of pharmacy.
- VISION: The vision of Nova Southeastern University is to provide opportunities that inspires revolution in education, practice and research.
The M.S in Pharmaceutical Sciences is a two year graduate program which focuses on one of the three unique areas:
- Molecular Medicine and Pharm-cogenesis centering on drug discovery principles
- Drug Development focuses on drug delivery to the desired target
- Social and Administrative Pharmacy concerned with the interface between pharmacy and society.
This degree will prepare students for placements in academia, technical or executive positions in the pharmaceutical industry, contract research organizations, Medicare organizations, health care systems and government agencies
The M.S degree in Pharmaceutical science will also prepare students for advance study in a doctoral program, medicine or a related discipline.