Best Colleges for Sports Psychology Degree Majors:
Looking for a career path to study? If you are intrigued by a profession that concentrates on succoring clients or athletes to succeed in their goals, then a sports psychology degree might be a good choice. Now that you have made up your mind in applying for a degree in sports psychology, choosing a school with a reputable degree program in sports psychology would prompt you towards a gratifying career in the field.
In the field of sports psychology, you will need to get a degree in sports psychology and advanced studies will also be essential to work in this field for many positions. Fortunately, here we have composed a list that has the ‘Best Colleges for Sports Psychology‘ to acquire higher education toward your bright future.
- Purdue University
At Purdue University, The M.S. degree is outlined to yield two years of relentless study. The undergraduate students have the opportunity to include sport and exercise psychology coursework as part of a variety of undergraduate majors in the Department of Health and Kinesiology. Its research emphasizes on social relationships, self-perceptions, motivation, emotion, physical activity in special populations, and adjusting to adversity in sport, exercise, and physical activity.
Facts and Figure about Purdue University
- Purdue University was established in 1869.
- Purdue University has the first ranking.
- Studying in Purdue University will cost you about $4,603.90 in state, $9,401 out of state.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: +1 765-494-4600
- University of Denver
The field of sport and performance psychology is apprehensive with the psychological elements that impacts human conduct. The University of Denver Graduate School of Professional Psychology (GSPP), with its roots of originating innovative training in psychology, proffers a Master of Arts degree in Sport and Performance Psychology.
Facts and Figure about University of Denver
- University of Denver was established in 1864.
- University of Denver has the second ranking.
- Studying in University of Denver will cost you about $45,288.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: 303-871
- Northwestern University
Northwestern University Sports Medicine will supply access to extraordinary medical care. Northwestern student-athletes also advantage from healthcare supplier in fields such as sports psychology, sports nutrition, and manipulative medicine. The American Psychological Association has compiled descriptions of some of the major areas within psychology. The Psychology Department at NWOSU offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with minors in Sports Psychology.
Facts and Figure about Northwestern University
- Northwestern University was established in 1851.
- Northwestern University has the third ranking.
- Studying in Northwestern University will cost you about $48,624
- To reach finance and admission office contact: 847.491.5190
- Marian University Indianapolis
At the university, The Sports Psychology Concentration helps to prepare students to pursue a career in which one applies knowledge of the psychological and mental factors that impacts and are influenced by participation and performance in sport, exercise, and physical activity. Psychological elements such as personality, anxiety, and goal setting are studied as they relate to athletic performance and exercise adherence.
Facts and Figure about Marian University Indianapolis
- Marian University Indianapolis was established in 1851.
- Marian University Indianapolis has the fourth ranking.
- Studying in Marian University Indianapolis will cost you about $33,000.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: (317) 955-6000
- University of Northern Iowa
At the University of Northern Iowa (UNI), the movement and exercise science major trains students for careers in such diverse areas as the fitness industry, college or university strength, and nourishing programs. Students have the chance to work with faculty on research projects. These are for athletes, hospital or business wellness programs, and sports psychology as well as for more flourished professional degrees such as physical therapy, chiropractic, and medicine. Students have the opportunity to work with faculty on research projects.
Facts and Figure about University of Northern Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa was established in 1895.
- University of Northern Iowa has the fifth ranking.
- Studying in University of Northern Iowa will cost you about $7,098 in state, $17,640 out of state.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: (319) 273-2311
- Arcadia University
Sports Psychology, a Majors Abroad Program (MAP), allows students with this very particular interest to study it as an undergraduate. Sport Psychology majors are well trained for graduate work in the fields of sports psychology, health psychology, rehabilitation, and occupational therapy. As a student in the Sports Psychology program, you will develop interchangeable skills appraised by employers including interpersonal, communication, numerical literacy, computer literacy, time management skills, and critical thinking.
Facts and Figure about Arcadia University
- Arcadia University was established in 1853.
- Arcadia University has the sixth ranking.
- Studying in Arcadia University will cost you about $40,260.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: 215-572-2900.
- Robert Morris University
Robert Morris University is one of the only undergraduate programs in the country to offer approbate coursework in sports psychology. Students take a series of six courses relevant to psychology, sport, learning, performance, physical activity and nutrition, and development. RMU’s sports psychology curriculum is based within the psychology program.
Facts and Figure about Robert Morris University
- Robert Morris University was established in 1921.
- Robert Morris University has the seventh ranking.
- Studying in Robert Morris University will cost you about $27,194.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: 1-800-762-0097.
- Lubbock Christian University
At the university, Exercise and Sports Science is a conceptual and physical discipline that trains students for a thorough understanding of physical activity, specifically, exercise and sport. Students must meet the requirements of the Department of Exercise and Sports Sciences, the Educator Certification Program and the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC).
Facts and Figure about Northwestern University
- Northwestern University was established in 1957.
- Northwestern University has the eight ranking.
- Studying in Northwestern University will cost you about $10,483.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: 1.800.933.7601.
- West Virginia University
West Virginia University is acknowledge as one of the premier training programs in the world. Students teach undergraduate classes in sport, exercise and performance psychology The Ph.D. program in Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology at West. The SEP doctoral program merges academic diligence and real-life practice to train future sport psychology professionals.
Facts and Figure about West Virginia University
- West Virginia University was established in 1867.
- West Virginia University has the ninth ranking.
- Studying in West Virginia University will cost you about $7,992 in state, $22,488 out of state.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: (304) 293-3295.
An eccentric outlook of the sports psychology concentration is that student’s complete 400 sports psychology focused internship hours in preparation to become an Association of Applied Sports Psychology Certified Consultant. At Boston University, Sports Psychology concentration includes coursework in sport psychology skills, the psychology of coaching teams, sports theory, sports science, and sports psychology research.
Facts and Figure about Boston University
- Boston University was established in 1839.
- Boston University has the tenth ranking.
- Studying in Boston University will cost you about $49,176.
- To reach finance and admission office contact: +1 617-353-2000.